Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter dinner for $30!!

I worked out a menu for Easter dinner for about $30. Just because it's a special occasion doesn't mean you have to blow your budget.

Menu:
Spiral ham 10 pound
cheesy hash brown casserole
veggie (corn/ broccoli/ mixed veggie)
rolls
cake with strawberries and cool whip

Shopping list K=Kroger M=Meijer

K-spiral ham 1.39 pound, (not private selection-that is 2.49 pound!)
K 2 bags frozen potatoes 1.67 ea
K-shredded cheddar cheese 8oz 1.29
K- ready to bake rolls $1
K-duncan hines cake mix $1 or .30 with last weeks .35 coupon
K- Land o lakes butter 1.88- 50.c from last week
K- Milk gallon 1.77 ( think it's still that price)

M-cool whip .99
M-strawberries $1.34
M- Frozen freshlike veggie .89
M-dozen eggs .88
M-campbells cream of chicken soup .67 ea (if you buy 1)
M-Daisy sour cream 1.50-.50c from 4/5=.50
M-Onion (use about 1/4 to 1/2 for hash brown casserole) $1
M Dole can pineapple for ham $1

Add it all up and it's about $30. An just think, you will have ham left over for sandwiches or to put in eggs or so many endless things. You will also have butter, sour cream, milk and eggs left over.

If you got the paper on Sunday and got the Unilever coupons there is also a rebate form in there to get money back for your ham if you buy $40 worth of products. Check it out, you don't have to buy them all at the same time. Read the details on the form, maybe it will work for you!! FREE MEAT, I LOVE IT!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a helpful post Kelli! Thanks! I have to say though that my easter dinner plans are for:
Filet Mignon
Baked Potatoes
Frozen Veggies
Homemade rolls
Fruit salad
I haven't decided on dessert yet but maybe homemade apple pie or maybe choc cake.

Anyway my meal is costing 35 cents!
All I had to buy was a steak marinade packet (we always use this one kind and I was out of it) but I had a coupon so I got $.75 off of it. I found the steaks a couple weeks ago in my freezer that I bought last summer but forgot about them. Everything else I already had around.

Maybe I'll pick up a clearance ham after easter . . .

I should add that we don't have any family around here to eat dinner with or fix dinner for, so it's not like I have 30 steaks in my freezer!! I only have 4! That makes a big difference! lol!

Bernadette Jacobs said...

Thats awesome! Great Job! I still have to buy a ham... but I have Kroger coupons for their hams!

kelli said...

This list is assuming you have NOTHING in your fridge, freezer, or pantry. I know I just have to buy a ham or pork loin!