Monday, March 9, 2009

Okay, I think I figured it out!

This is assuming I get there and they have everything in stock. If they don't to make my multiples of 10 I will fill in the gaps with Quaker quakes because they are the cheapest at .49 ea. If you are not familiar with the mega sale at Kroger this is how it works: participating items must be bought in multiples of 10 up to 30. For every 10 items you purchase they will take $5.00 off the end of your bill up to $15.00. The items are mix and match so you don't have to buy 10 of the exact same thing. Check the ad for participating items. This is how mine will break down, and no, I will not do all this in one day at the same Kroger!

Order 1
3 Colgate toothbrushes
3 fruit snacks
3 tylenol
3 johnson and johnson baby products
6 sargento shredded cheese
2 kens salad spritzers

Order 2
Same as above except swap the salad spritzers for salad dressing

Order 3
3 toothbrushes
3 fruit snacks
3 tylenol
3 johnsons
4 cheeses
2 dressings
2 fiber one granola bar packs

order 4
1 toothbrush
1 johnsons
1 tylenol
3 fruit snacks
1 toaster strudel
1 welchs juice
2 kelloggs cereals

That is about $26 total for all that. I will let you know how it goes!

Also look for the quaker instant oatmeal on sale 2/$3. You have to buy 2 for this because the ring up for $2 each and then a $1 comes off at the end. Some boxes are marked that they contain coupons and inside there is a coupon for $1/2 oatmeals making it .50 a box!!

MEIJER
Nothing too exciting but if your kids take chips for lunch they have doritos 1/2 price so about $2 a bag. Also, dinty moore beef stew $1 ea and somewhere I got 6 coupons for .55/1 can so .45 a can is a cheap lunch.

7 comments:

Julie said...

I went to the Davison Kroger this morning and they only had a few of the Ken's dressing spritzers left. Thought you might want to know! :-) I did two $10 mega deals in one transaction and spent $15.55, saving $54.47 (78%). I call that a good deal! I plan on doing more later in the week when the coupons I ordered get here.

Leah Wentzel said...

At the Grand Blanc Kroger there were out of the salad spritzers by 9 am~! crazy! I also took 3 of the last 5 johnson and johnsons...

I did pretty good though for not having looked at the ad before I went! what was i thinking? :) great list!

kelli said...

Waiting on coupons, me too!! Hope they get here soon, I am getting anxious.

Anonymous said...

Ok so I am obsessed with the Kroger deals! I was there at 6am! I got all of the salad spritzers! :) I saved 92% on my tab though.

Leah Wentzel said...

Bernadette, you are the reason I didn't get any!!!! :P

that's ok though because I don't think I like them anyway. that is funny you got there at 6 am, I am still in bed at that time :)

kelli said...

Kroger is out of everything!! Very disappointing, but some of the Mega items continue next week.

Bernadette Jacobs said...

Meijer has zip-loc bags for $1 and if you use the All You coupon for $1.50 off two they are .25 a piece.

I went at 6am so I could go without children. I actually had to push a cart around the shelf stockers and move there boxes out of the aisles to get around... it was pretty funny.