Friday, February 13, 2009

More deals

Okay, yes I go the the store about every day but to use all my coupons I almost have to. Anyway, I like fresh deli meat and produce and you never know what will be marked down. Today I found 2.2 pound packs of ground beef for $2 and the sell by date isn't until 2/16. Got 2 of those. Also, 6 betty crocker frostings and 2 bags of chex mix FREE. 6 betty crocker warm delights for .25 each, and fiber one bars for $1 a box.

So, if you really want to start saving money on your grocery bill I suggest 2 things:
1)get the Sunday paper-either go pick it up or have it delivered
2) to get a quick stockpile of coupons order a mixed lot on ebay. You never know what coupons you are going to get for a few bucks.


Now, just because you now have coupons in hand (or on the way) doesn't mean you need to go use them all right now. If you need it and will buy it regardless of having a coupon or not, by all means use your coupon. BUT, if you are buying it because you have a coupon and it's not even on sale, WAIT. Be patient and wait for a sale. You will get to a place eventually where you have one (at least) of everything stockpiled in the basement and you got for free or very cheap, and you will not have to run out and pay full price because you ran out. Remember, a wise woman is prudent, resourceful and prepared. I want to be a wise woman from time to time!

3 comments:

Leah Wentzel said...

that's exactly what i try to do. this week there won't be any coupons in the sunday paper though :(

because of presidents day i guess

Julie said...

I have to ask- how did you know that there wouldn't be any coupons in this weeks paper Leah?? Thanks for the heads up!!

Leah Wentzel said...

i have a few blogs I look at that tell me stuff like that. there is a website that actually lists what coupons will be in the paper each week (or none if that is the case)

the names of all these websites are escaping me right now but I ran across that yesterday on a blog and they are usually dead on :)